[SciPy-dev] on-line lectures and new text book using python, numpy, scipy

John Stachurski john.stachurski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:22:47 EST 2009

Hi all,

Thanks to all scipy and numpy developers for creating a great package.

I'm an economist researching computational techniques, and I'm trying
to wean economists off MATLAB and onto python/numpy/scipy.  I have
a book just published through MIT Press on computational economics
using python:

http://johnstachurski.net/book/book.html

I've also written a fairly comprehensive set of lectures on python/numpy/
scipy with applications in economics

http://johnstachurski.net/lectures/index.html

I've added them to this page:

http://www.scipy.org/Documentation

listed under "Other".  I hope people find them useful.  All feedback is most
welcome.

Regards, John.

--
John Stachurski