[SciPy-dev] Proposal: scipy.spatial

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:03:02 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 19:45, Anne Archibald <peridot.faceted at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/30 Nathan Bell <wnbell at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Anne Archibald
>> <peridot.faceted at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for taking the initiative on scipy.spatial Anne.  I have no
>> doubt that it will become an important and widely used part of scipy.
>>
>> Have you considered starting a "spatial" branch off the scipy trunk?
>
> For now I have simply added it to the trunk, since I have code which
> is documented and tested. (Also I have no experience with SVN and
> merging, but reports suggest it's a horrible experience.)

It's not all that bad, particularly for cases like this, where you are
mostly adding new new directories rather than modifying code that's
already there. We would like to make a 0.7 release not too long from
now, and I'd like to do it without a completely new subpackage in the
mix.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."