[SciPy-dev] [MAJOR BUG] latest numpy leads to scikits fail [was: installing openopt]

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Mon Sep 22 10:28:25 EDT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>
>> Isn't it possible to just use the zip_safe switch ? For the moment,
>> openopt declares that it can run from a zip file, but it cannot. I may
>> be missing something though...
>>

> Ah, yes, I forgot about this, this may work. I only know enough about
> setuptools to avoid using its features as much as possible, I guess.
>
> cheers,
>
> David
So I have committed some changes for *_oo.py files paths (now they are
not generated while oo session start but when setup.py file is used) and
changed zip_safe to False. If I have True, I have to type "python
setup.py install" for twice (after any code changes). 1st time it yields
"zipimport.ZipImportError: bad local file header in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scikits.openopt-0.19.dev-py2.5.egg",
after 2nd time all is ok.

D.