[SciPy-dev] Missed gfortran library when linking umfpack

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Nov 11 22:17:03 EST 2008

Nathan Bell wrote:
> Has anyone encountered this problem before or know of a solution?  I
> know we're dropping UMFPACK support after 0.7, but this is likely to
> pop up again in the UMFPACK scikit.  Also, this is the last
> outstanding ticket in scipy.sparse or scipy.sparse.linalg, so I'd like
> to resolve it :)
>
> http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/790
> I had a problem when using umfpack (both scipy and scikits) due to a
> missing -lgfortran. I had to re-compile by hand after the regular
> build. I dont know if it is some problem with my umfpack/atlas build
> (gcc and gfortran) or some issue in the configuration.

We certainly can't help without more information: we need information
like platform (OS), compiler, BLAS/LAPACK (and how it was built if it
was), eventually CPU.

There should be an easy way to produce those data, directly from scipy,
though, because it is difficult for users to know what's relevant.
Something like scipy.build_info module, or whatever.

David