[SciPy-dev] Missed gfortran library when linking umfpack

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:24:25 EST 2008

Has anyone encountered this problem before or know of a solution?  I
know we're dropping UMFPACK support after 0.7, but this is likely to
pop up again in the UMFPACK scikit.  Also, this is the last
outstanding ticket in scipy.sparse or scipy.sparse.linalg, so I'd like
to resolve it :)

http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/790
I had a problem when using umfpack (both scipy and scikits) due to a
missing -lgfortran. I had to re-compile by hand after the regular
build. I dont know if it is some problem with my umfpack/atlas build
(gcc and gfortran) or some issue in the configuration.

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/