[SciPy-dev] License review / weave bsd-ification

Benny Malengier benny.malengier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:47:26 EST 2008

2008/11/3 David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>

> Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> >
> > +1 on all this. Practicality beats purity.
>
> license issues are very practical, I think.

I agree with you.
I just mean, if the license issue can be resolved, weave is a worthwhile
part to have inside of scipy. The fact that it is different than other
pieces is just an observation. In my way of using scipy, scipy is the part I
need to add after numpy to start actual work of number crunching. Having to
install all scikits too is no problem for me, but it is another barrier for
people who just want to install some main components and get going.

Benny