[SciPy-dev] License review / weave bsd-ification

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 3 02:08:57 EST 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have been working to ensure that all the code in scipy is correctly
> licensed.  One of the main issues was the blitz code in weave.  I
> contacted the authors and we were given permission to use the code
> with a BSD license:  http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/649
>
> I just finished most of the changes in:
>   http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/changeset/4949
>   http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/changeset/4949
>
> I found one file in blitz that I am not sure what to do about:
>   http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/weave/blitz/blitz/rand-mt.h

I believe you have no choice but to get the agreement of every
contributor to this code if you want to change it to BSD (which looks
like at least Matsumoto-san and Allan Stokes).

Is this file mandatory for blitz ? Also, blitz is only used in weave,
right ? I remember some discussion about putting weave into a scikit,
but I can't find it ATM; maybe I am confused with something else, though.

cheers,

David