[SciPy-dev] status of splinalg

Aric Hagberg hagberg at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 6 14:12:10 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 01:07:48PM -0600, Nathan Bell wrote:
> Remaining tasks with owners:
>
>       (1) sandbox.lobpcg -> splinalg.eigen.lobpcg
>       (2) sandbox.arpack -> splinalg.eigen.arpack
>       (3) create splinalg.eigen.speigs

I just checked in code for (2) and updated the arpack tickets:

I added a comment to the primary ticket explaining the details:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/231#comment:21

These can be closed:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/554
http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/366

This one is an enhancement TBD:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/418

(3) is not completed and needs some specifications for the interface.

The tests for complex and double complex matrices have been commented
out since they fail (Bus Error) on OSX/gfortran with the standard
vecLib framework.  They do work correctly with custom ATLAS libraries.
Perhaps this could be related to gfortran ABI issues
(e.g. http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/238 ) or perhaps other
issues with the vecLib code.  I'd like some help trying to figure
that out - should I file a ticket?

Aric