[SciPy-dev] scipy.optimize.nonlin rewrite

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Dec 17 16:06:25 EST 2008

Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:19:29 +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
[clip]
> Pauli --- do you have any comments to the discussion?  After we agree on
> a better naming, I'll then try to use your branch at github and help you
> polish it so that both my and your codes run well and then we can push
> it to scipy. What do you think?

I'm not actually sure how this goes. Is Scipy trunk frozen until 0.7.0?
At least there's no branch for 0.7, only the beta1 tag, so I'd assume the
trunk is frozen for the moment.

Anyway, for the time being github will do, though I'm not sure how well
git-svn with all its frequent rebasing will work in collaboration. We can
of course hold off rebasing the branch (and only pulling) until the code
gets in Scipy trunk, if git starts to get in the way.

Btw, I'm not sure how much I manage to work on this during the next few
weeks, it's holidays soon, and I probably don't do much coding then.
Unless I get extremely bored :) Anyway, we're not in a hurry with this.

Cheers,
Pauli