[SciPy-dev] Scipy Tutorial (and updating it)

Tom Grydeland tom.grydeland at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:29:29 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> I gave you editors right.

Thank you!

Just to get my hands dirty, I started on the `mgrid` and `ogrid`
objects from numpy.lib.index_tricks (both of which I find very handy,
and wish I had found earlier).  I am replicating text from the
`nd_grid` class here.

The first problem I ran into is that there is no way to tell the
documentation system that I am documenting a class instance, so the
"Parameters" and "Returns" sections are both mandatory, while only the
latter actually makes sense.  I see there is some specal handling of
class documentation, which might work for objects (instances) also,
perhaps with some modifications?

Another problem is that the "See Also" entries are not showing up as
cross-references (or even as a dictionary list).  What did I miss?

> Gaël

Best regards,

--
Tom Grydeland