[SciPy-dev] Roadmap scipy 0.7

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:30:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Depends on the schedule, I don't think these are high priority bugs. You
> should probably open a ticket in any case.  Probably for the deprecation
> warnings also.

It looks like about half of the deprecation warnings (which appear
whether or not -OO is used) are due to the use of items from
numpy.testing that are scheduled for removal in NumPy 1.3.  The other
half are from the PyArray* functions that got deprecated in NumPy 1.2.
 There's a couple of UserWarnings as well. I don't know if they're
expected or not--it seems like there's a lot of SciPy tests that
liberally emit warnings (due to testing corner cases and such, I
presume).

For this particular issue, it's probably less work to make SciPy 0.7
work against NumPy 1.2 with a minimum of errors/warnings.  I just
opened a ticket for 0.7; should I open one for 0.6 as well?