[SciPy-dev] Help for 5-min frequency for timeseries module

Sebastian Schoeller sebastian.schoeller at gmail.com
Mon May 21 02:42:48 EDT 2007

Hi Matt and Pierre,

I had already written to Matt thanking him for how useful the
timeseries library has proven to us so far. Great work thanks again.

We are utilizing the timeseries to process mostly hydrological
datasets, meaning precipitation and discarge data mostly. Now I would
like to tackle the issue to homogenize frequencies, that we are
working by using the timeseries library. Some observation devices have
a base frequency of 5-min, others adjustable ones depending on the
required resolution. Generally spoken though it is required to have
user-definable base frequencies (e.g. 1/5-min) for timeseries that may
be converted into others (e.g. 5/15-min etc.).

In Matt's and Pierres's posting for the alpha release of the
timeseries library it is mentioned that additional frequencies may be
added fairly easily. Could somebody be so kind and point me in the
right direction on how to do that?

Best greetings from Darmstadt / Germany

Sebastian