[SciPy-dev] Doc-day

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 28 00:27:09 EST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 7:42 PM, Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:
> Doc-day will start tomorrow (in about 12 hours).  It will be Friday for
> much of America and be moving into Saturday for Europe and Asia.  Join
> in on the irc.freenode.net  (channel scipy) to coordinate effort.  I
> imaging people will be in an out.  I plan on being available in IRC from
> about 9:30 am CST to 6:00 pm CST and then possibly later.
>
> If you are available at different times in different parts of the
> world,  jump in and pick something to work on.

Since this is our first doc-day, it will be fairly informal.  Travis
is going to be trying to get some estimate of which packages need the
most work.  But if there is some area of NumPy or SciPy you are
familiar with, please go ahead and pitch in.  Here is the current
NumPy/ SciPy coding standard including docstring standards:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/CodingStyleGuidelines

I will be working on making the roadmaps more detailed and better
documenting the discussions from the coding sprint.

Travis O. will be mostly working on NumPy docstrings and possibly
deprecation warnings for scipy.io functions.

Matthew B. will be working on converting SciPy tests to use nose per
Fernando's email.  If you are familiar with nose and want to help,
please make sure to check with Matthew or Fernando first.

I hope to see several of you on IRC tomorrow.

Happy holidays,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley