[SciPy-dev] The future of the scipy.sandbox and a reminder of upcoming doc-day

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:01:39 EST 2007

Hi,

Some of the packages already are in a scikit, like pyem and svm.
I'd like to see arpack in the sparse folder (?) very fast as some my code
would need a sparse solver (I proposed that it could be moved in a scikit
but it makes sense to keep it in scipy so that sparse solvers are available
in scipy).

BTW, for the sparse solvers in linsolve, the module name does not show that
it is for sparse arrays.

Matthieu

2007/12/27, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu>:

> Hello,
>
> I started a blog, which has two posts about the NumPy/SciPy code
> sprint/strategic planning meeting early this month.  It doesn't have
> very much content yet, but I thought it would be worth letting
> everyone know where it is:  http://jarrodmillman.blogspot.com/
>
> The most recent entry addresses some of the reasons we decided to
> retire the sandbox.  I also created a ticket for removing the sandbox:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/573
>
> I will work on further documenting what went on at the sprint and some
> other things tomorrow during the first NumPy/SciPy doc-day.  As a
> reminder, Friday's doc-day will be virtual where anyone with an
> internet connection can join in on the scipy channel on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jarrod Millman
> Computational Infrastructure for Research Labs
> 10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
> phone: 510.643.4014
> http://cirl.berkeley.edu/

French PhD student