[SciPy-dev] Cleaning and fixing fft in scipy ?

John Travers jtravs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:17:07 EDT 2007

On 28/04/07, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Thanks for your email, Pearu. I would certainly not submit a patch which
> do not pass the unittest; problem being I cannot test all
> implementations (I can test fftpack/fftw2/fftw3 on Linux easily; I
> cannot get djbfft to compile on my machine; if necessary, I can install
> the MKL; I don't know whether OS and compiler matters a lot for fftpack,
> as I don't intend to touch the setup part).

I can easily test the MKL version. I wrote the original patch for the
MKL support and agree some improvements to the source would be nice.
In fact MKL is only currently supported for complex ffts so I might
get round to extending that at some point after you have done your
improvements.

Cheers,
John