[SciPy-dev] mlabwrap high-level user interface

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Mon Apr 30 04:43:54 EDT 2007

"Matthew Brett" <matthew.brett at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> I like the interface.  We might have to think of a different module
> name though, because matplotlib has a 'mlab' submodule of the same
> name, for matlab compatibility functions,

I don't think we need to worry too much about this -- IMO using a plotting
package like matplotlib to obtain matlab-like functions (rather than numpy,
scipy or whatever) is pretty yucky anyway and people can easily use either an
``import as`` or a a fully qualified name (``matplotlib.mlab`` or
``mlabwrap.mlab``).

alex