[SciPy-dev] MPI for Python RC1

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:05:03 EDT 2006

For all of you interested in mpi4py, I've uploaded a tarball to PyPI

http://www.python.org/pypi/mpi4py/0.4.0rc1

Make sure you have mpicc in your path and then

- If you have setuptools, an try

$ easy_intall mpi4py

- Download the tarball and next

$ python setup.py install [--home=$HOME]

You should look at 'test/mpi-rev-v1'. I've wrote some tests from the
MPI book, chapters 2 and 3 (BibTex reference in README.txt). You
should try to run te unittest scripts under '/tests/unittest'

Paul:
I've tested mpi4py with MPICH1/2, OpenMPI and LAM. Please let me know
any issue your have under AIX with your MPI implementation in case you
use a vendor MPI.

--
Lisandro Dalcín