[SciPy-dev] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Wed Dec 13 09:44:04 EST 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Neal Becker apparently wrote:
> I'm curious about this also.  Is the idea that epydoc can be hacked to work
> with a hacked docutils?  So, the plan is to incorporate docutils
> modifications (so that rst2latex would recognize latex-math role), and then
> to somehow hook this into epydoc?  (And, neither of these is yet available
> for testing, right?)

Do not forget rest2mathml, which produces XHTML+MathML.
FireFox handles this great.  (I haven't tried IE 7: does it
yet handle XML?)  If someone can patch (already wonderful)
epydoc to allow this, that would allow truly lovely online
documentation of technical code.  (In the meantime,
I imagine you could pass the LaTeX raw: the people who care
about the math will often be able to read the LaTeX.)

Cheers,
Alan Isaac