[SciPy-dev] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Fri Dec 8 21:17:20 EST 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 8:11 PM, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> epydoc has very good support for reST,
> which is a wonderful and powerful markup.

This is what we do, and basically like it. I've hacked epydoc 2.1
rather severely, mostly to separate markup from style (and mostly for
LaTeX (I like what epydoc *does*, but I don't like how its output
looks)). I keep meaning to clean up my changes and send them back to
Ed Loper. Now that he's got epydoc 3 in progress, I think I'll just
integrate my changes with that and then send it to him.

> PS reST has writer in the sandbox that supports
> LaTeX as a text role!  (Writes to LaTeX or nicely
> to XHTML+MathML.)

Do you know if any of that actually works? The last time I looked at
it, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I think it would be
great, though.