[SciPy-dev] scipy-0.5.2

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Mon Dec 4 15:26:06 EST 2006

Darren Dale wrote:

>On October 25, a message was posted to scipy-dev suggesting Oct 30 as a target
>release date for scipy-0.5.2. I'm sure there are good reasons for the delay,
>but several people have asked on the lists about the availability of a scipy
>release that is compatible with numpy-1.0, and to my knowledge these
>inquiries have not been answered. Would someone knowledgeable post a status
>report concerning scipy-0.5.2 to the lists? I think the need for a compatible
>scipy release is causing problems for packagers who are trying to support a
>working numpy/scipy/matplotlib environment for scientific computing.

The problem is lack of help.  It would appear that I and Ed Schofield
are being relied on to release SciPy and neither of us has found the
time to do it in the past month.  There has been a large influx in the
number of bug-reports and feature requests and I don't think anybody has
been able to keep up.

My feeling is we should just release 0.5.2 now and deal with bug-reports
later.  But, usually that means at least getting the tests to pass.

In short, we need a release manager for SciPy.  Anybody willing to take
up the task?

-Travis