[SciPy-dev] Release going to happen tonight.

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Sep 29 23:47:43 EDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> Travis Oliphant wrote:

>>> Shouldn't this be in scipy.distutils?
>>>

> There is a misc_util.py file that could house it unless Pearu has a better
> idea.

Actually, there is no need to give scipy include_dirs in setup.py files.
Since scipy.distutils will be used to build scipy specific extension
modules anyway, then I thought that scipy include_dirs should be always
used and in the current newcore this is implemented in
scipy.distutils.command.build_ext module, it uses get_scipy_include_dirs
function from misc_util.

But I agree with Robert that it might be could idea to install scipy
headers under
<prefix>/lib/pythonX.X/site-packages/scipy/base/include/scipy
rather than under <prefix>/include/pythonX.X/scipy. However, other
places could be also considered:

   <prefix>/lib/pythonX.X/site-packages/scipy/include

for example. Let me know what would you prefer and I'll do the
implementation.

Pearu