[SciPy-dev] Release going to happen tonight.

eric_imap eric at enthought.com
Fri Sep 30 00:41:46 EDT 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:

> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>
>> With Pearu's commits, I'm about ready to make a beta release.  Now,
>> where do I place it?
>>
>> I'll probably put it on the sourceforge site as well as make a link
>> on numeric.scipy.org.
>>
>> What do you all think?
>

> Sourceforge is nice for distribution, if nothing else to take
> advantage of their extensive mirror network.  No need to abuse
> Enthought's bandwith bill any more than necessary, I suppose :)

I think we have a fast download location for files that effectively
doesn't have a bandwidth limit -- at least for files this size.  Isn't
this correct Joe?  Placing copies in both places seems fine to me.

eric

> ps - in advance, a big cheer.

ps.  I 2nd that.  Thanks Travis (and everyone else) for all the work.
This is a huge service to the community, and I'm really excited after
what I saw at the SciPy conference about the potential of scipy core.