[SciPy-dev] alternate .flags interface

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Oct 31 09:45:40 EST 2005

Perry Greenfield wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Fernando Perez wrote:
>
>>Mmh.  What happens when you say
>>
>>arr.flags.update = 1

> Isn't the flag attribute UPDATEIFCOPY?  (admittedly, I'm going by a
> potentially dated version of the "Guide to SciPy")

I used 'update' simply as an example to illustrate the issue of potential name
clashes.  I didn't actually know what the flag names were, what I worry about
is that now or in the future either the flag names or the dict method list can
grow in a direction that causes a clash.

Sorry if a poor choice of example caused confusion, I hope the issue I'm
trying to point out is clear now.

Regards,