[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 21 12:57:40 EDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>If they are installed, then they are not being linked apparently.  Are
>>there special command switches that must be used to link isinf on that
>>system?
>>
>>This appears that isinf is being found and linked against correctly at
>>configure time, but not at build time.  I don't know why.
>>
>>Since HAVE_ISNAN is defined, the system does not define a separate isinf
>>command (which it would if HAVE_ISNAN where not defined).  What happens
>>if you comment out the #define HAVE_ISNAN?
>>
>>-Travis
>>

>Hi Travis,
>
>Well, commenting out #define HAVE_ISNAN has resulted in a "Good News" /
>"Disturbing News" situation.  I am now able to successfully import
>scipy.base with no error messages.  However, when I attempted
>scipy.test() I am receiving a bus error.  The session log is below

Could you please run scipy.test(10,10) to get a better idea where the
bus error is occurring?

It would really help if I could log in to a Solaris machine somewhere.

Also run

print scipy.__core_version__

before you do that to verify the version you are running.

We still have to figure out why the isnan function is being picked up by
configure but not by the compilation stage.

-Travis