[SciPy-dev] How do I get the doc directory packaged?

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Oct 12 03:51:20 EDT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I don't know why it's so hard for me to figure this out.
>
> We have the doc directory.  How can we get this packaged?
>
> I've tried config.add_data_files, config.add_data_dir.    Is there
> anyway to place the files under
> scipy/doc in the installation directory.  Or do we have to move the doc
> directory under scipy on the svn server to do it?
>
> Thanks for any help?

Moving doc under scipy would work immidiately (I see you have already
done that). Otherwise, adding the following line to scipy/setup.py should
have worked:

   config.add_data_files(('doc','../doc/*.txt'))

Also, with the current svn scipy.distutils,

   config.add_data_dir(('doc','../doc'))

works.
However, the current solution is just fine.

Pearu