[SciPy-dev] newscipy sandbox

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:20:00 EDT 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> I have created sandbox in newscipy and adapted scipy setup.py file
> to new scipy.distutils.

Thanks, Pearu, this is a good job.  I am having a problem, though.
config.add_library in scipy.distutils creates names
libamos__OF__scipy.special.a instead of just libamos.a.  So I guess my
questions are:

(1) should the add_library method actually do this?

(2) If yes to (1), does this mean that Lib/special/setup _special.py
should be modified so its list of library names is of this form?

(3) Or, should the add_extension method of Configuration mangle the
passed-in library names to be of this form?

If I get a vote, I would answer no to #1, but if there's a good reason
for that answer to be yes, then I would say yes to #3 as well.

Steve