[SciPy-dev] [matplotlib-devel] Weirdness with matplotlib and new scipy

Ravikiran Rajagopal ravi at ati.com
Sat Nov 26 14:24:20 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 19:51, daishi at egcrc.net wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to recreate your problem.

The problem is that I have both Numeric[1] and the new scipy installed. When
both are installed, the Numeric headers are picked up by default during scipy
compilation. By forcing them to pick up the scipy headers, the problem was
resolved. But it is a rather strange coincidence that the error results in
truncated numbers rather than something drastic.

Ravi

[1] Reason: It will be a while before all my Numeric-based libraries are
ported to the new scipy; porting is trivial, but regression testing takes
time, especially given that the new scipy C API is not quite stable yet and
that I haven't yet ported boost.python.numeric to scipy.