[SciPy-dev] scipy.distutils compatibility patch

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sun Nov 20 13:23:27 EST 2005

Hi,

While trying to get TVTK working with scipy I ran into some problems
with scipy.distutils and compatibilty with older code.  Attached is a
patch (I don't have checkin access) that adds `default_config_dict` to
scipy.distutils.misc_util.  Adding this lets my simple setup.py
scripts work with either scipy_distutils or scipy.distutils.

I also found that `python setup.py build_ext --inplace` does not work
correctly and it tries to build the extension module in the installed
distutils directory (for
e.g. /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/distutils).

cheers,
prabhu