[SciPy-dev] Some Feedback

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Nov 10 01:52:59 EST 2005

    Fernando> Joe Harrington wrote:
    >> The problem is not Plone, it is the lack of interest.  Even the
    >> non-wiki Plone stuff is very straightforward (in under an hour
    >> with Meloni's book, I was out of normal-user usage and into
    >> installing and configuring extension modules).  Why do we
    >> believe that switching to Trac or anything else will make
    >> volunteers appear and do work?  Why not just start *doing* the
    >> work?  This isn't a technical problem.
[...]
    Fernando> As for the social one, I can only wish you the best of
    Fernando> success.  My hands are already pretty full with other
    Fernando> things which I hope are considered contributions, but
    Fernando> this is certainly an area where the community can help.

Joe, I know I fall squarely into one of the lists of people who
promised but never came up with any docs.  It has not been easy.  Over
time, the number of projects I handle increases and the amount of
available time only reduces.  I've almost completely fallen behind on
newscipy/newcore and am only barely keeping up with discussions on the
m/l.  Sorry.  I just hope I can do some justice by spreading the good
word about Python/SciPy.  Hopefully, more folks will get excited about
the possibilities and contribute.

cheers,
prabhu