[SciPy-dev] Some Feedback

Joe Harrington jh at oobleck.astro.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 9 23:07:34 EST 2005

What's wrong with the zwiki that's already on the site?  Perhaps it
needs to be made the top-level page, though it seems a little
dangerous for *any* wiki to be the top-level page on the site.  Given
that we hope the site to be the major portal for the software package
of choice in scientific computing, I should think we would *want*
Plone's capability for doing review-before-commit and the like.

The problem is not Plone, it is the lack of interest.  Even the
non-wiki Plone stuff is very straightforward (in under an hour with
Meloni's book, I was out of normal-user usage and into installing and
configuring extension modules).  Why do we believe that switching to
Trac or anything else will make volunteers appear and do work?  Why
not just start *doing* the work?  This isn't a technical problem.

--jh--