[SciPy-dev] Status of LiveDocs?

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Wed Jun 15 23:40:21 EDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> You can run livedocs on any machine with twisted python, nevow, and
> scipy installed.  The code for livedocs is in scipy cvs under util/livedocs
>
> The README file there has information about it.   You need a nobody
> account with a home directory (see livedocs.tac) for details.

Can do (though it can't have nobody--the new server is all very
super-top-secret-secure, you know, so all services get their own minimum
privilege user--but that's my problem).  I'll get something up in a
couple of days.

> Hopefully, these pointers will let anyone run livedocs.

Thanks for pointing me at the CVS repository.  I didn't know where
livedocs came from.  ;-)

> For now, livedocs is running at http://www.tramy.us:8081

Close, but no cigar:

An error occurred while loading http://www.tramy.us:8081/scipy:

Timeout on server
Connection was to www.tramy.us at port 81

Looks like something is still pointing to 81, instead of 8081.

> Joe can link there or bring up his own livedocs on the new site.

Will link until the new server hits its stride.

Thanks Travis!