[SciPy-dev] gplt suggestion: initcmd

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Fri Jul 8 12:35:13 EDT 2005

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005, Fernando Perez apparently wrote:
> Any opinions?

A user's perspective:
the current arrangement is confusing to new SciPy users.

When I started using SciPy, I naturally wanted to use
what appeared to be the SciPy graphic packages.  As I
quickly ran into their limitations, I was very frustrated
until I learned that Matplotlib was the package of choice
for SciPy users.

I now know this has been discussed many times, but
I strongly feel that new users will be better served if they
are strongly directed to Matplotlib and, better yet, if
Matplotlib is packaged with SciPy.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac