[SciPy-dev] Packaging Changes to Core in SVN

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sun Dec 25 22:56:23 EST 2005

Jonathan Taylor wrote:

>I suspect that this is why I am having difficulties with new SVN scipy
>and scipy_core.  After a fresh install:
>
>In [1]: import scipy
>Failed to import signal
>cannot import name random
>Failed to import optimize
>cannot import name random
>Failed to import cluster
>No module named basic.random
>Failed to import fftpack
>No module named basic.fftpack
>Failed to import stats
>cannot import name random
>
>I guess we need to import corerandom as random.

Full scipy has not been updated with the changes.  This is typical of
any changes to scipy_core.   Scipy SVN does not always track scipy_core
svn exactly.  They are separate packages and need to be discussed
separately.   Nonetheless, full scipy will usually track scipy_core
rather quickly (since most of the developers use both).

This should be easy to fix and ready soon (few hours to a day).

-Travis