[SciPy-dev] Packaging Changes to Core in SVN

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at utoronto.ca
Sun Dec 25 18:09:43 EST 2005

I suspect that this is why I am having difficulties with new SVN scipy
and scipy_core.  After a fresh install:

In [1]: import scipy
Failed to import signal
cannot import name random
Failed to import optimize
cannot import name random
Failed to import cluster
No module named basic.random
Failed to import fftpack
No module named basic.fftpack
Failed to import stats
cannot import name random

I guess we need to import corerandom as random.

Also... should it be importing a better random module from scipy main?

Happy Holidays,
Jon.