[SciPy-dev] Suggest Trac instead of Plone

Tim Cera timcera at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 20:12:02 EDT 2005

Hello,

As I am just starting to use sci-py in a serious way, the topic of how a
casual developer could help out with patches or features has been a concern
of mine.  I put this comment on the Plone wiki, which has gone unanswered.
I have made other suggestions on the wiki, hopeful for some discussion, but
nothing.

In looking around at wikis for our intranet (for various reasons I chose
moinmoin) I saw an intriguing system seemingly ideal for software
development.  It is called Trac (http://www.edgewall.com/trac/).  Since the
recent conversion to Subversion, it might be an ideal solution.

Trac is also written in Python, and has an intergrated wiki, issue management,
and Subversion viewer.

I would also encourage moving to a forum type communication rather than
mailing lists.

Kindest regards,
Tim Cera