[SciPy-dev] interest in xplt bug reports?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Jun 17 05:14:58 EDT 2004

Dear all,

I would like to know if there is any interest in
bug reports concerning scipy.xplt?
During the last months a couple of issues/features/bugs
and differences between linux/windows
were found by the students of our computational physics
course with python/Numeric/scipy.
The xplt issues caused the largest amount
of complaints (shortly followed by documentation ;-).

If there is sufficient interest, we have some money
for a student who could compile a list of problems
(with short examples).

As xplt derives from pygist, should we better address
the questions to the pygist people and
hope that any fixes will get incorporated into scipy.xplt
at some point?
If so, whom should we contact (Michiel de Hoon?)?

Best,

Arnd