[SciPy-dev] RPMS on www.scipy.org

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Fri Aug 13 15:53:11 EDT 2004

Sean Dilda wrote:
> I was looking at the rpms that are provided on scipy.org, and am
> thinking about using them.  Unfortunately, I noticed that most of the
> src.rpm's are missing.  (There's one for SciPy, but not scipy_core, F2PY
> or Numeric)  We have a policy where we don't install any rpms without
> saving a copy of the SRPM, in case we need to recreate the rpm with
> slight changes.  If you could make your src rpms available, I'd really
> appreciate it.

They're available, just not very public.  ;-)

http://www.enthought.com/python/fedora/1/SRPMS/

And actually they're quite old now, as I've been distracted by other
work at Enthought (I'm the RPM guy for SciPy).

> I also noticed that the F2PY rpm you have up is for python 2.2, while
> all of the other packages are for python 2.3.  Was this intentional?

Probably mislabelled...

The RPMs are in dire need of some cleaning up and updating, which might
come next week.  The ugliest bit is the dependency on atlas during
build.  I haven't figured out a clean way to handle that yet.