[SciPy-dev] SciPy 0.2.0 tagged in CVS

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Oct 1 04:10:11 EDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I have tagged the CVS tree as "v0_2_0"
>
> Now, I'm not sure what to do about the auto-cvs-version business as well
> as the release_level flag.
>
> Do, we make source-distributions and binary rpms that have those bits on
> them as well?
>
> I think SciPy-0.2.0.tar.gz would be a better file name than what it
> currently is using sdist command of distutils.
>
> What do you think?

I agree with you, SciPy-0.2.0.tar.gz looks better, also people who will
package scipy will be happier.

Hmm, we could start the following convention: when the minor version
number is odd, then this corresponds to CVS version of scipy. If it is
even, then to tar-ball version of scipy.
So, scipy_version.py should contain:

if micro % 2:
    scipy_version = '%(major)d.%(minor)d.%(micro)d_%(release_level)s'\
                '_%(cvs_minor)d.%(cvs_serial)d' % (locals ())
else:
    scipy_version = '%(major)d.%(minor)d.%(micro)d' % (locals ())

Pearu