[SciPy-dev] xplt breaking win32 nightly

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue Mar 11 13:56:43 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Travis N. Vaught wrote:

> Here's the traceback I get, any ideas?  I'm not sure where to start...
>
>   File "setup_xplt.py", line 90, in config_toplevel
>     if not self.try_run(testcode,libraries=[self.mathlib]):
>   File "c:\Python21\lib\distutils\command\config.py", line 277, in
> try_run
>     self.spawn([exe])
> NameError: global name 'exe' is not defined

That is a bug in Python 2.1 distutils :(
The bugy code in distutils\command\config.py

     275             self._link(body, headers, include_dirs,
     276                        libraries, library_dirs, lang)
     277             self.spawn([exe])

should read:

     275             src,obj,exe=self._link(body, headers, include_dirs,
     276                        libraries, library_dirs, lang)
     277             self.spawn([exe])

As a workaround, try_run can be redefined in setup_xplt.py.
I am testing it right now (there are other Python 2.1 related issues as
well) and will commit the fixes soon.

Pearu