[SciPy-dev] Announce: First installable version of Chaco plotting toolkit is now available

Fernando Perez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Fri Sep 20 23:42:57 EDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, eric jones wrote:

> Dave got it working with 2.3.3.1 before he left the office today, so I
> don't think this is the issue.  I think it has only been tested on
> Windows lately, though.  I saw a version running on Sun about a month
> ago, but it hasn't been run there lately as far as I know.
>
> If you can get any more information about where it is failing, I'm sure
> Dave would appreciate it.
>
> eric

Sorry Eric, but it's just a clean segfault with no output to stderr
whatsoever. Hard to say if it's the python interpreter's fault or something in
the wx-gtk-python libs.

I tried rebuilding the 2.2.5 wxPython source rpm but it barfs early on.

Since I was just a bit curious and right now I am frying bigger fish (of my
own) I'll have to let go of this. Maybe someone else might be able to get it
to work on a linux box. I simply have very little experience with wxpython
(partly because every time I try to use it, the thing blows up at liftoff).

Cheers,

f.