[SciPy-dev] special.cdflib questions

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Sep 3 18:28:19 EDT 2002

> Thanks for the reply,
>
> I was looking to use that code from python to generate rv's, but without
> the rest of Scipy (havent been able to get the whole thing to work).  I
> have successfully compiled them with f2py, but was confused about the
> arguments.  It seems to want ALL of the arguments, as well as seemingly
> redundant ones (e.g. q=1-p as well as p), and doesnt return values.
> This is what has me confused.

I see,

It is a little confusing.  I guess it was done that way so that you could
get out any argument given the rest of them as inputs.  I think this was
more common with Fortran some years ago.  The redundant ones are there so
that you could solve for them (using perhaps a different algorithm) if
they weren't supplied.

Good luck,

-Travis