[SciPy-dev] ccache

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Mon Oct 14 09:27:17 EDT 2002

> On 14 Oct 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

> > Report on Mandrake 8.2 (gcc-2.96 self-compiled python 2.2.1)
> > Updated SciPy installation.
> >
> > Tests pass (although now I have to do weave.test() separately)
> >
> > I had to change wx_spec.py  in a couple of places.  First, I had to
> > change the definition of wx_base (this should be in the system_info
> > file).

You are right, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it. If someone gets to
it that'd be great.

> At least under unices wx_base shouldn't be necessary. If wx-config is
not
> in the path then it means that wxPython was not installed (or
> not properly at least) and wx support should be then disabled.

Is this true?  It live is /usr/lib/wxPython/bin on our machine which is
most definitely not in the path.  Where does it live on your machine?
Perhaps we need to fix how ours is installed.

> > Then, I had to change
> >
> > ldflags = get_wxconfig('ldflags')

> > ldflags = get_wxconfig('ld')
>
> Are you sure about this change? Here
>   wx-config --ld
> gives
>   c++ -shared -o
> and that shouldn't be suitable for extra_link_args.

Pearu is right.  Travis, what error did you get from using ldflags?
What do you get on the command line:

wx-config --ldflags

Also, what version of wxPython do you have installed?

Thanks,
Eric