[SciPy-dev] gsl and scipy

Chuck Harris Chuck.Harris at sdl.usu.edu
Fri May 3 08:32:29 EDT 2002

Hi,

Interesting. I downloaded the sources and took a look at some of the routines.
Mixed quality, IMNSHO, and I don't always agree with the design choices ---
but then, any two people would probably disagree on such issues. I think my
divided difference routines are significantly better, for instance, giving
eight extra digits of accuracy for some problems.

These routines might be a good starting point, and gsl does seem
to provide a comprehensive list of useful software.

Chuck