[SciPy-dev] new weave tar balls -- multiple fixes

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Jan 14 12:00:28 EST 2002

    >> The test doesnt seem to have failed either.  Also maybe you can
    >> use
    >>
    >> self.assertRaises(except_type, func, args)
    >>
    >> for the exception tests?

    eric> We could -- is there a particular benefit?  I haven't look

Smaller code.  Its easier writing something like this

 self.assertRaises(AssertionError, func, arg1, arg2)

instead of:

try:
   func(arg1, arg2)
except AssertionError:
   pass
else:
   raise AssertionError, \
   "Test should have raised an exception."  # or something

You could look at the em_viz tests or the gui_thread tests (there is
only one of these in gui_thread though) for concrete examples.

    eric> at this at all, and am unlikely to run through all the tests
    eric> to make the changes now. :) But maybe for future tests.

Sure, I was just suggesting.  And this is useful only when you want to
make sure that something raises an error.

prabhu