[SciPy-dev] Weave introductory document.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Jan 14 09:56:16 EST 2002

hi,

I finished a simple text formatted document called "A beginners guide
to using Python for performance computing"

I've attached it along with the following files.  If you find it
useful put up at scipy by all means.

  laplace.py -- all the Python stuff (slow, numeric, blitz, inline,
  fortran, fastinline).

  flaplace.f -- the fortran subroutine (thanks to Pearu).

  laplace.cxx -- the c++ version of the solver, compile it like so:

              g++ laplace.cxx -O3 -o laplace

Here are some timing results for a 500x500 grid for 100 iterations.

           Slow python estimate:   1897.0  s
           Numeric:                  29.0  s
           Blitz:                    10.2  s
           Inline:                    4.30 s