[SciPy-dev] IPython updated (Emacs works now)

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Feb 19 16:19:50 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 02:05 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> > I tried it and couldn't get it to work.  What do you give to the
> > py-python-command and py-python-command-args emacs variables?
>
> Huh? Sorry Travis, but I have no idea what you're talking about. When I
> said I got it to work under emacs, I meant the following:

Thanks,  I'm no LISP man myself.  I'm just using the python environment under
emacs which gives a lot of flexibility --- like excecuting snippets of code
automatically.  I'm not sure how all of this will work with ipython, but it
would be nice if it could.

This python environment by default uses the command 'python' with the
arguments '-i' but I have to change that to get it to use ipython instead.
I'm not sure how to get the arguments to work right.

Thanks for pointing out more specifically what you did.

-Travis