[SciPy-dev] IPython updated (Emacs works now)

Fernando Pérez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Tue Feb 19 16:05:33 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I tried it and couldn't get it to work.  What do you give to the
> py-python-command and py-python-command-args emacs variables?

Huh? Sorry Travis, but I have no idea what you're talking about. When I said I
got it to work under emacs, I meant the following:

- open a shell buffer in emacs (M-x shell)
- at the prompt you get there, type 'ipython --colors nocolor' (emacs buffers
don't like color escapes).

Now, IPython is a normal program running in an emacs terminal. I don't have
the faintest idea how to make it work otherwise. I use emacs a lot, but I stay
out of lisp's way as much as possible :)

Sorry if this isn't what you had in mind. If you point me a little and there's
more that needs fixing I'll do it, but the above procedure works for me.

Cheers,