[SciPy-dev] IPython updated (Emacs works now)

eric eric at scipy.org
Tue Feb 19 03:10:48 EST 2002

Hey Fernando,

Just downloaded IPython to take a look.

Looks like the emacs tests break on windows since TERM is not normally set
there.

C:\Program Files\IPython>IPython_shell.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\IPython\IPython_shell.py", line 6, in ?
    import IPython.Shell, sys
  File "C:\Python21\IPython\Shell.py", line 20, in ?
    from ipmaker import make_IPython
  File "C:\Python21\IPython\ipmaker.py", line 49, in ?
    from iplib import *
  File "C:\Python21\IPython\iplib.py", line 187, in ?
    if os.environ['TERM'] == 'emacs':
  File "C:\Python21\lib\os.py", line 372, in __getitem__
    return self.data[key.upper()]
KeyError: TERM

thanks,
eric