[SciPy-dev] problems with weave

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Mon Dec 16 16:19:46 EST 2002

> hello,
> I've installed the binary distrib of weave on my winNT system with
mingw32
> 2.95.2 compiler.
> When I run the tests I get complains because the file cl.exe is
missing.
> Can you give me some help?

It is looking for the windows compiler here (cl.exe) and failing to find
it.  It *should*, however, automatically switch over to looking for gcc
if cl isn't found.

One reason it may be failing is that the mingw32 'bin' directory isn't
in your path.  Where did you install mingw32 on your system?  Is the
'bin' directory or mingw32 in your path?

Although forcing distutils to minw32 as suggestd by Robert will work, it
shouldn't be necessary.

Regards,
eric