[SciPy-dev] Other scipy problems on OS X

Tim Lahey tjlahey at cgl.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 16 09:53:53 EST 2002

Hi,

Thanks to Eric, I've managed to get scipy to compile. After
installing it, I now get the following error upon import.
I start a new terminal window, start python, and then
the following happens. Note that there is a cephes.so in
the special directory under site-packages. Is there a PATH
setting I need to fix ?

Thanks,

Tim Lahey

Python 2.2 (#1, 07/14/02, 23:25:09)
[GCC Apple cpp-precomp 6.14] on darwin
 >>> import scipy
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/__init__.py", line 49,
in ?
     import special, io, linalg, stats, fftpack
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/special/__init__.py",
line 326, in ?
     from special import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/special/special.py",
line 5, in ?
     from cephes import *
ImportError: Failure linking new module